You have to wonder about injury law firms that have the budget to run frequent television ads all day long. Where does that money come from? I’ll tell you—it comes from a practice of settling as many claims as they can as quickly as they can. In the end, the client is left with a lower settlement than he could have won and the TV lawyer has the money to film a new ad. What is the alternative? You can work with a firm of experienced trial lawyers who won’t settle for less.
How TV Lawyers Work
You’ve seen the ads. Sometimes they feature a famous spokesperson—one who also does ads for dozens of firms across the country—and they often promise large settlements to all clients. What they don’t tell you is that they are not trial lawyers. This means that:
- Their goal is to settle your case quickly and move on to the next one.
- They have no intention of taking your case to trial, even if the settlement offer you get is unfair. In fact, they are not even qualified to take cases to trial.
- The lawyers or insurance adjusters for the defendant know that they won’t go to trial, so they lowball the settlement offer, confident it will be accepted.
- They will not provide personalized attention to their clients.
So, why do people hire firms like this? They may think that because they are on TV, they must be good. Also, injury plaintiffs are often in a hurry to hire a lawyer and they may have a TV lawyer’s phone number memorized because they’ve heard the jingle so many times. However, you are much better off taking the time to find a local trial lawyer to take your case.
How the Lawyers at the Holton Law Firm Are Different
We are a small law firm of experienced trial lawyers. This means we will give your case the time and attention it deserves. As trial lawyers, we offer the following advantages:
- We are not in a hurry to settle your case.
- The lawyers or insurance agents for the defendant know we are willing and able to go to trial, so they will not waste time with a low offer.
- If we don’t get the offer you deserve, we will put in the extra effort to investigate your claim and take it to trial.
- We consistently get more money for our clients.
If you have any questions about our services as trial lawyers, call our office at 888-443-4397 to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Our personalized attention begins with your first phone call.