I am not sure who owned the car that hit me, how can I find out?

All of the information about a car or truck wreck should be in the accident report which is completed by the investigating police agency.  If the wreck occurred in Memphis,  the Memphis Police Department will complete the accident report.   If the accident occurred outside the city, in Shelby County,   the Shelby County Sheriff’s office or the Tennessee Highway Patrol will complete the accident report.